Italian studies show COVID-19 shots less effective in immunocompromised

Published by
Reuters

By Emilio Parodi MILAN (Reuters) – COVID-19 vaccines are less effective on people with weakened immune systems, three small Italian studies show, which the studies’ researchers say highlight the need to deploy booster shots for this group of vulnerable people. The studies show that, on average, 30% of immunocompromised patients do not develop immunity to the virus after vaccination. The remaining 70% respond to the vaccine, especially after the second dose, but to a lesser extent than healthy people and with differences from group to group, the Bambino Gesu Hospital in Rome, which conducted th…

Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *